Criminal Division - ArraignmentsIf you have been cited for a criminal misdemeanor offense you must appear at the Wickenburg Municipal Court on the assigned court date. Criminal arraignments begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. Criminal violations cannot be paid in advance. The possible penalties for criminal violations are provided by the judge on the appearance date. Possible penalties include jail, a fine, and/or probation.
An arraignment is a court appearance in which you are formally notified of the charges that have been filed against you. You have three options on how to plead to the charges. They are:
1. Plead guilty or no contest to the judge.
- The Prosecutor's Office will tell you if there is a recommended sentence.
- You may decide if the recommended sentence is fair and plead guilty or no contest to the Court.
- The judge can agree with the prosecutor's recommendation and sentence you accordingly, disagree with the recommendation, and sentence you within the range available for your class of misdemeanor, or set a future court date for sentencing.
- If you plead guilty, or are found guilty, all fines assessed are due on the same day.
- Telephonic Appearance: if you request to appear by phone you will have to print out the telephonic plea packet. The packet has to be completed and submitted to the Court on or before your court date.
- Depending on the nature of your case the pre-trial conference may be held the same day. At the pre-trial conference you will meet with a prosecutor and discuss a possible plea agreement.
- Be aware that the city prosecutor is not your attorney and he/she is prohibited from providing you legal advice on how your case should be handled.
- If you would like to consult an attorney you may ask the Court for a continuance on the motion form.
Honorable Maria Brewer
Wednesdays (as of 1/31/24)
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
(928) 684-5451 x1515
(928) 684-5451 x1533
155 N Tegner St., Ste B
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.