- Community Development
- Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
- Floodplain Administration
- General Plan
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Ordinances: Subdivision
- Ordinances: Zoning
The Floodplain Administrator for the Town of Wickenburg is the Maricopa and Yavapai County Flood Control Districts. The Floodplain Regulations are found in Chapter 15 of the Town Code. Its purpose is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare and to minimize those losses described in Section 15-1-2(A) by provisions designed to:
- Restrict or prohibit uses which are dangerous to the health, safety, or property in times of flood or which cause increased flood heights or velocities.
- Require that uses vulnerable to floods, including public facilities, which serve such uses, be provided with flood protection at the time of initial construction.
- Protect individuals from buying lands, which are unsuited for intended purposes because of flood hazard.
- Assure that eligibility is maintained for property owners in the Town to purchase flood insurance in the federal flood insurance program.
The General Plan is our vision and long range plan for how the community would like to see Wickenburg evolve over time. It sets the framework for rational decision making and was adopted by Town Council on April 1, 2013 and approved by the voters on August 27, 2013.
Elements of Plan
The Elements that are included in the General Plan are:
- Land Use
- Open Space
- Water Resources
- Environmental Planning
- Growth Areas
- Cost of Development
The General Plan also includes an Implementation Program with four interrelated components. They are:
- General Plan amendment procedures.
- A phased action program that outlines step-by-step achievements to accomplish the stated Goals.
- A Plan monitoring process for measuring performance.
- Land use decision keys to assist in evaluating proposed development projects and assure their consistency with General Plan principles.
Make a Difference Day is a neighborhood revitalization and cleanup event where house painting, refuse removal, and landscaping is offered free of charge to homeowners. These services are offered to those homeowners who may not be physically or financially able to maintain their homes and property as required by Town of Wickenburg code. The Town generally chooses 3-5 homes for the event. The Town uses volunteers from civic groups, churches, schools, and neighbors to assist with the event.
Make a Difference Day occurs in March or April on an annual basis. If you are interested in volunteering for this event, or being one of our sponsors, please contact the Community Development and Neighborhood Services Department at (928) 684-5451 x1512 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Subdivision Ordinance is Chapter 11 of the Town Code. The purpose of this Chapter is to:
- Provide for the orderly growth and harmonious development of the Town of Wickenburg.
- To secure adequate traffic circulation through coordinated street systems with relation to the major thoroughfares, adjoining subdivisions, and public facilities.
- To achieve individual property lots having optimum utility and livability.
- To secure adequate provisions for water supply and distribution, drainage and flood control, sanitary sewerage, and other health requirements.
- To ensure and facilitate provision of sites for schools, recreation, and other public proposes.
- To promote conveyance of land by accurate legal description.
- To establish logical procedures for the achievement of these purposes.
The Wickenburg Planning and Zoning Advisory Commission, and Wickenburg Town Council, are hereby designated and authorized to receive and process and otherwise act upon preliminary and final subdivision plats in accordance with these regulations. The Subdivision Committee is hereby designated as Advisory Agent to the Commission and Council. Where this Chapter imposes a greater restriction upon land improvement or development, and land use that is imposed or required by existing provisions of law, ordinance, contract, or deed, this Chapter shall control.
The Zoning Ordinance is a tool municipalities use to implement the General Plan. The purpose of the Zoning Ordinance is to:
- Secure adequate light, pure air, and safety from fire and other dangers.
- To conserve the value of land and buildings.
- To reduce or avoid congestion in the public streets.
- To promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, and general welfare of the Town of Wickenburg.
It is Chapter 14 of the Town Code and it sets the rules and regulations of what and where someone can develop on a property. The Zoning Ordinance was approved by the Council on October 4, 2010. The Zoning Map is available for review purposes only. If you want a specific area for zoning, please verify it with the Community Development and Neighborhood Services Department.
Community Development & Neighborhood Services Director
(928) 684-5451 x1512
155 N Tegner St., Ste A
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.