- Public Services
- Trash & Recycling
Trash & Recycling
Dump Days Event! March 31 & April 1
Learn more here: Dump-Days-2023
The Town of Wickenburg has proudly provided sanitation services to its residents since 1924. The Town of Wickenburg Sanitation Department is responsible for collecting and transporting more than 4,800 tons of solid waste and over 650 tons of recycling per year. Currently, curbside collection of solid waste and recycling are both provided once per week. Collection days are determined by the location of the residence.
Solid Waste Collection: Mondays or Tuesdays
Recycling Collection: Wednesdays or Thursdays
Start/Stop/Change Service or Report Missing/Damaged Containers
Contact the Utility Department at Town Hall (928) 684-5451 x1520; email@example.com
Report Issues or a Missed Pickup with Collection Service
Contact the Sanitation Department at (928) 684-5451 x1558 or by email.
Collection Services Rules and Regulations
Here are a few rules and regulations to ensure uninterrupted service. The following tips will help expedite the collection of solid waste and recycling, prevent the destruction of the sanitation containers and equipment, and preserve the appearance of the community:
- All trash must be bagged and tied in your trash container to reduce odor, reduce insect problems, and to prevent debris from falling out of the truck's hopper during the dump cycle. The exception to this is recycling.
- Recyclables must be placed loose in the blue container. Only items on the approved recycling list should be placed in the recycling container. No plastic bags, shredded paper, or hazardous waste. See below for more details on recycling.
- Place container curbside, with handle side away from the curb, by 6:00 a.m. on your pick-up days. Route times are subject to change to meet the demands of the Sanitation Department.
- Your sanitation container must have 5 foot clearance on all sides from posts, mailboxes, fences, vehicles, and any other items for access with the truck's arm. Your container cannot be emptied if it is blocked.
- Do not place hazardous materials, construction materials, heavy, or bulky metal items in your container. Only regular household trash, and small quantities of lawn debris, are acceptable. All items must be bagged and tied.
- Do not overfill containers. Lids should close completely so that contents will remain intact until dumped. There is a 200 pounds weight limit for the truck arms and the containers.
Green Waste (Brush) Collection
The Sanitation Department provides green waste pickup by request and for a fee. Contact the Utility Department at (928) 684-5451 x1520 to schedule your green waste pickups. This service is limited to less than five (5) cubic yards of material at any one time and restricted to no more than two pickups per year. Green waste must be placed curbside, in a neat pile, cut into lengths no longer than six feet, with loose leaves and small pieces bagged. Other debris, garbage, dirt, or construction materials cannot be mixed in the pile.
Bulk Trash Collection (Dump Days)
The Town of Wickenburg makes every attempt to hold an annual bulk trash collection event known as "Dump Days". This event is typically held during the month of April and is advertised on the Town website calendar and typically printed on utility bills in March. Please refer to these sources for date information. If you have questions regarding materials that can be accepted at this event, please contact the Sanitation Department for more information at (928) 684-5451 x1556.
Recycle Today for Wickenburg's Tomorrow!
The Public Services Department oversees the recycling program as a division of its sanitation service. Curbside recycling collection has significantly increased the volume of diversion from the normal waste stream. Annually, Wickenburg residents divert nearly 650 tons of recycling. This diversion is not only environmentally friendly, it reduces expenses, and creates revenue to help offset the rising costs of operating the sanitation service.
Household aluminum products such as beverage cans, foil baking pans, and aluminum foil. Remove all food residue.
Moving and packing boxes. Break down boxes.
Cereal, cracker, cake mix, and other food boxes. Remove all food residue and plastic inserts.
Food and Drink Cartons
Milk, juice, and creamer containers. Remove all food residue.
Glass Bottles and Jars
Glass of any color. Remove all food residue. Remove lids and add them separately.
Including advertising inserts.
Magazines, junk mail, office paper, catalogs, and phone books.
Paper - Bags and Craft Paper, Brown
Only labeled #1 and #2. Look for the number inside the triangular recycle symbol.
Steel / Tin Cans
Fruit, soup, vegetable, and pet food cans. Remove all food residue.
Napkins, facial or toilet paper, paper plates, shredded paper.
Usually found in packaging materials.
Usually corrugated cardboard that you can scrape the wax off with your fingernail. This does not include glossy cardboard like a cereal box. Glossy cardboard can be recycled.
Please dispose of you recyclables loose. You may co-mingle (mix) all of these materials, no need to sort. Please drain beverages and rinse food particles out of recyclables to minimize odor and flies.