Fire | Employment Information
"Dedicated to the Safety and Protection of the People"
Thank you for your interest in the Wickenburg Fire Department ("WFD"). Please continue to visit our website or follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information. You may also submit a "Notify Me Jobs" with Human Resources to be notified when WFD positions become available.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Arizona driver license
- Current CPAT obtained within one year of WFD application
- Current CPR certification
- Current Arizona EMT or Paramedic certification
- Current Arizona State or IFSAC or Pro Board Firefighter I& II certification (must meet NFPA)
- 1001 standard for Fire Fighting professional qualifications
- HazMat/First Responder Operations qualified
- Successful completion of Basic Wildland Firefighter training as outlined in NWCG 310-1 (within one year of hire date)
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
- Must meet department physical standards
- Must be able to be insured under WFD automobile insurance policy
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories
Starting Annual Salary
- $15.20 per hour, 2912 hour schedule
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- The Town of Wickenburg offers a broad range of benefits click here (see benefits tab)
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement Pension
Wickenburg Fire Department ("WFD") offers full testing services for the position of Fire Fighter through National Testing Network (NTN). To register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Wickenburg Fire Department.
When you visit the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your test.
- Review all information related to the Wickenburg Firefighter position, including minimum requirements, salary, and benefits.
- Review detailed information about the testing process.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to WFD. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on WDF's eligibility list. WFD will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to participate in further stages of the selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the WFD's responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to WFD where the final decisions are made.